Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cookie of the Week; with a twist!


This week the "cookie" I made was especially simple. It does not even have a name.
It is what you make when you are desperate and happen to have pretzels and rolos laying around. The basic idea was to unwrap the rolo and place it on top of the pretzel, being sure to spray the cookie sheet with a cooking spray first. Then "bake" the "cookie" for about 5 minutes at 300 degrees. After taking them out place a second pretzel on top of the rolo, which is now squishy and warm. Let cool about 5 minutes and enjoy!
This cookie was an effort to clear my home of extra Christmas Junk! I sorta bit off more then I could chew. No Pepsi/caffeine, weight watchers and up before 6am is really hard. Top that with a nasty cold, I won't mention names (Tara, Trevor, Cameron, Mitchell!) and keeping goals becomes really hard. So I made a decision. I would keep with the no caffeine this week, and add on one more each week. So this is really the last week of cookies at our home. Poor, Poor kids! Watch for the healthy family recipe of the week from now on!

4 comments:

Morris Family said...

I totally know what you mean when you talk about no caffeine.I just went off coke and at first I couldn't figure out why I felt like crap and then it hit me, my body was going into shock. Way to go and keep up the hard work on your resolutions. I am impressed!
love ali

homegirl said...

You know how I love rolos! I will have to try this, it looks good.

My name is Andrea said...

Looking forward to that healthy recipe of the week!!

Everyday Sparkles said...

What a cute cookie idea. I will have to try that one.

Very happy to see Chad back on the court. He is healing up great!