The easy part is done..now the delivery begins! I think that is more up Charlies alley wouldn't ya say? Now I just have to get him to see it my way!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
I "lifted" this post of a blog I lurk at...it cracked me up! You can find her at http://sherimhoward.blogspot.com/ ! I really wish that someone would have given me this list when we relocated to Utah. I can honestly say it was truly shocking the first year!
This list was given by an older woman to a younger women who had just moved to Minnesota with her husband to start their first job after being in Arizona for grad school. I thought it applied to any who live in long winters....and then to everyone else.
1. Laugh and smile at least once every day
2. Learn something new. Marjorie Hinckley said, “Develop intellectual curiosity.”
3. Get adequate rest even if you have to give up something else and take a nap. Five hours a night is not enough.
4. Exercise enough to sweat….not necessarily to loose weight.
5. Feed your body with healthy food
6. Feed your spirit with healthy words
7. Count your blessings often. Keep a blessing journal and write things down. Sometimes we ignore the small things
8. Offer a daily prayer with real intent.
9. Find something you were meant to do here on earth and do it. Pursue it and find joy in it.
I would add #10....Spring does not come in February like it does in California! AND it does not come until mid May! That one was the hardest for me, for some reason I actually thought that by March it would be in the 50's and 60's!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Does anyone else get super duper creepy anonymous comments on their blog? Like way far off the track from what your blog or particular post is even about! I used to wonder why people would delete comments; I get it now! Twice I have received comments in Chinese! I actually copied it and went to a Chinese-English translation website and entered it...ummm not a website I would chose to go to!
So I will no longer be accepting anonymous comments from anyone! I am really not enjoying the invites for all sorts of medication!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Could anything be any prettier?
Ok maybe this is a little prettier?
Yeah, well, ok this is even better!
But this, may be a bit hard to see just what is going on, is by far the prettiest of all! I made these pretty strawberries for my young women. I love them so much and really wanted to do something to make the day special. Well as I was thinking about how much I love them I had this strong feeling that I was supposed to remind them that Heavenly Father loves them even more. The funny part is that I was telling the girls my feelings and the women I work with started nodding. I didn't think anything of it, until the end when she told me that she had been feeling the same thing this morning. I guess that's how you know that you were really listening to something bigger, and smarter, and more loving...