Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kids and Friends

A few days ago my friends Sara took my kids, her kids, and a couple other kids
to Pioneer Village. This was so very nice to her, and maybe just a bit insane!
The kids had so much fun. Especially Morgan, she got to ride
a horse. Chad tells me he is too old for pony rides. Well
poo poo on him for growing up! Morgan made a corn husk doll,
which is super cute and simple. I think that the favorite part
of the day was dipping candles. They both dipped
their own and loved telling me all about it. So we put them in a
cup of popcorn to help them stand up and lit them up.
I think the best part of the day for them was the sense of
satisfaction they both had by making something for
themselves. A good thing to remember.

By the way....they both think we should make our
own candles from now on! Good Grief! One more thing
to try to fit in! Just kidding, we live in 2008
for a reason!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

That sounds like a really neat place. Lexi would love to make a corn husk doll and to dip candles. That is just cool!