Tuesday, August 19, 2008

From Trash To Treasure

I found this table at a garage sale for $10. What a deal. It is in excellent condition, just painted an unattractive minty green on top. I love the idea of the drop leaf farm house table. I think that having an extra table for game nights or a kids table when we have a lot of company over or for what I plan to use most often, a entry table. So check back to see just what I end up doing with this cute table. A hint?? I paint everything, my husband HATES it. He is color blind so he does not see the problem with the way they are. If I were to leave our furniture the way they come we would have a mahogany bookshelf, a pine side table, a cherry hope chest and a bright yellow bench. All of which is now painted black and looks quite lovely next to each other. So lets just see how I make this item fit with the rest!

3 comments:

cherry said...

Can not wait to see this baby in its new color. I have always wanted a drop leaf like that. cherry

Buffy said...

That is a FABULOUS find! I'm so jealous!!!! That's great!

The MacQueens said...

You're a girl after my own heart! I LOVE taking something not-so-pretty and turning it into something fabulous! It's even better when I see someone else do it 'cause then I can still admire the change but not have to do any of the work! heehee Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)