Thursday, February 19, 2009

If you think 6 months is bad....

Another baby gift, hold on to your hat Allie B. this baby was born 9 months ago! I started making the cutest and hardest baby blanket ever! It is/was homemade chenille. For those of you who don't know what that is you place at least 4-5 layers of thin fabric, such as muslin, on top of each other then sew lines 3/4 of an inch apart. Over the entire blanket! Now let me assure you that the fabric slips, yes I used spray glue. That you use oodles and oodles of thread. That after you use a special tool, or even scissors to cut through all but one layer of fabric. Then you wash it and it gets all foofy and cute looking. OK I did all the sewing and then was doing the cutting when my stupid tool slipped and cut through all the layers making a huge hole!! I was so sad and tried for months to think of a way to fix it so that it would still be cute. If someone out there has an idea DO NOT TELL ME!! because I finally threw it away. Then I found this cute panel and decided a 9month old was the perfect age! She will grow with it and hey her big brother and sister can use it in church too!
Now for the exciting news!!!
This was my 99th post, and I told some friends and family that for my 100th post I would do a giveaway! So after asking several people and thinking hard about it I have decided to do a little bit of this and little bit of that!
So check back tomorrow for pictures of the giveaway...
...and a hint I am still sewing!


3 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

I wish we were friends when I was having babies. Your things are so cute!

Ingrid said...

Wow! Where did you find that fabric???

Trisha said...

Hi Ingrid, I found the fabric at Ben Franklins by my house. I have seen it at another fabric store. If you want it and can't find it I would be happy to pick it up for you. The panel is about $8 and the instructions come with it. I think it screams Sarah!