Saturday, December 5, 2009

Caramel Popcorn

So I have a clever friend who has put together a recipe group. ( I am not clever enough to think of a better name!) There is a theme for each month and she puts them all on a cute little blog. So I thought I would share what I contributed this month and add a link for ya!


Go check it out... Last month the theme was soup....who can't use more great soup recipes? I can honestly say the the Chicken Tortilla Soup is the best tortilla soup I have ever made! Use the Chipotle Chili powder!



4-6 quarts of popped popcorn (sorted to remove kernels) I pop mine in a sauce pan on my stove top. Air poppers work or you can even use a few bags of microwave popcorn!



2 2/3 Cup Pecans

1 1/3 Cup Almonds

2 Cups butter

1 Cup dark Karo syrup

2 2/3 Cup sugar


Melt together in a large sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil. Time from that point 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 2 tsp Vanilla. Pour over the top of the popcorn and nuts. You can mix this in a bowl or spray your counter down with Pam and mix and spread out to ensure a even topping.

No comments: