Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

and a Cookie Swap!!!!



A few weeks back a dear friend of mine challenged me to get back into blogging.  She writes over at Frankly Entertaining.  A true foody she makes the yummiest food!  She was right I had missed the whole experience!  Along with the encouragement she is the most informed person I know.  If you need to know the new styles ask Sarah, what is the best new product for baking? Ask Sarah!  So she kindly passed on the information on this awesome Cookie Swap!    It was a great experience and how cool to do something fun like this and donate money to such a good cause.  What a wonderful way to kick off the holidays.  I personally received the most delicious cookies from my swap partners.  

I wanted to make something yummy but not too fussy.  I  love the taste of salted caramel and this recipe is a perfect combination of chocolate and salted caramel!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Milky Way Simply Caramel fun size bars

4 1/2  Cups Flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1tsp salt, sea salt is better
1 1/2 Cup Butter, melted, (yes melted)
2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tbl Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 Egg Yolks
3 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Mix the flour, slat and baking soda in a large bowl.  In a mixer cream together melted butter, brown and white sugar. Add eggs then vanilla.  Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Add the chocolate chips.

Cut the Milky Way bars in half dipping the exposed caramel into sea salt.  Roll a ball of dough around the candy bar section. Sprinkle a bit more sea salt on top. 

Bake at 325 degrees for 17-17 minutes.  

They are so super yummy!


5 comments:

ohmybeck said...

Those sound fabulous!

franklyentertaining said...

We should have done an extra swap between the two of us!

Heather Cheney | heatherlikesfood.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Cheney | heatherlikesfood.com said...

Trisha! I'm so sorry I haven't let you know yet, but I received these cookies last week and they are AMAZING! I still have a few left and I've got them hidden from the kiddos so they don't disappear. Thanks so much! Your packaging was so cute too!

Unknown said...

OOH! These look and sound super yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!