Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Treats

Today was the first time I have baked since being in our new house.  We all needed a little comfort food.  Our house does not become a home until I start baking.  The kids and hubby tend to gravitate to the kitchen to visit or sneak a taste of whatever I am making. I actually love that! It is one of my favorite things.  The kids will pull up a bar stool and visit with me about their school day or what plans they have all while I am making a batch of cookies or bread or whatever yummy treat strikes our fancy.  

I have been making these banana muffins since before Morgan was born. Chad loved them and then Morgan did too!  They beg for chocolate chips in theirs. Charlie and I prefer walnuts in ours.  It is a simple recipe and can be made easily on a school morning.


Banana Muffins

3 large ripe bananas
3/4 Cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 Cup butter melted
1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Mash the bananas and add the sugar mixing well.  Add the next two ingredients mixing well.  Shift together the dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.  Mix until incorporated.  Try not to over mix at this point. That makes the dough tough.  At this point if you wanted to add a few choc chips of nuts you can.  I line my pans with cupcake wrappers so they are moist and not crusty.  That is how my family likes them.  But if your family likes them crusty then grease your muffin pans and make them like that! Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Honestly I over cooked these. Totally forgot to push start on the timer!  Although they are darker then I would have liked they are moist and yummy! 




No comments: