I "lifted" this post of a blog I lurk at...it cracked me up! You can find her at http://sherimhoward.blogspot.com/ ! I really wish that someone would have given me this list when we relocated to Utah. I can honestly say it was truly shocking the first year!
This list was given by an older woman to a younger women who had just moved to Minnesota with her husband to start their first job after being in Arizona for grad school. I thought it applied to any who live in long winters....and then to everyone else.
1. Laugh and smile at least once every day
2. Learn something new. Marjorie Hinckley said, “Develop intellectual curiosity.”
3. Get adequate rest even if you have to give up something else and take a nap. Five hours a night is not enough.
4. Exercise enough to sweat….not necessarily to loose weight.
5. Feed your body with healthy food
6. Feed your spirit with healthy words
7. Count your blessings often. Keep a blessing journal and write things down. Sometimes we ignore the small things
8. Offer a daily prayer with real intent.
9. Find something you were meant to do here on earth and do it. Pursue it and find joy in it.
I would add #10....Spring does not come in February like it does in California! AND it does not come until mid May! That one was the hardest for me, for some reason I actually thought that by March it would be in the 50's and 60's!